Thursday, January 18, 2007

Blow me over...literally

Today was the ever exciting study abroad orientation. I spent my day sitting through a series of lectures about the typical new student type things--student union, international student association, library, and a very helpful lecture concerning where the good bars on campus are. Yes, the English love their alchohol. Every hall (which here will include a number of smaller nearby "houses") has its own JCR, known as the Junior Common Room and after 7 the bar at each JCR opens offering really cheap beer and drinks. It's a great system. (And I can personally vouch for the tastiness of the cider that these JCR bars offer).

After the orientation, we all walk around campus a little bit, and it is so windy that we literally cannot walk. It was blowing people over. I kept falling over on the girl next to me. It was actually a bit funny. If you were walking in the right direction, the wind would take you right where you needed to go.

No comments: